Friday, July 16, 2010

Kylie is potty trained!

This post is strictly in honor of my big girl!

I tried potty training her about a month ago and it was a big fat failure. So I decided to leave her potty seat out and always give her the option, but not push it. I figured she just wasn't ready yet and I'd give it time.

Well, 2 weeks ago, she decided she was done w/ diapers. She wanted her "big girl underwear" and she wanted to go potty on her own. She seriously potty trained herself!

She doesn't tell me that she needs to go, unless we're out. She just runs to the bathroom, goes potty, puts it in the toilet and flushes. Then she asks me for help to wash her hands (she can't reach to turn the water on). And that's that. My child doesn't need me to poop or pee anymore. ;)

She seriously just started doing this one day and hasn't had any accidents since. It's been a little over a week now that she's been in underwear and she is doing awesome! We still put her in pull-ups for naps and night, but I'm thinking we can ditch it for naptime soon since she wakes up dry anyway. In the mornings, her diaper is ready to explode it's so full... so I'm not sure I'm ready to give up night-time diapers just yet!

Hooray for my big girl!!!!!! I'm so proud of her!

No comments: