Saturday, June 19, 2010

Another week of milestones!

It seems like we hit major milestones almost every week with 2 so close in age :)

Last Sunday, Kylie decided to climb out of her crib. I put her to bed, then 2 seconds later heard knocking at her door and Kylie saying "Open the door! Open the door!" hrmm....

The next morning, she climbed out again.. and then after her nap. And then she wanted back in so she could climb some more! I endured a temper tantrum because Kylie wanted to climb. "I climb!" No, I do it! I climb!".

Time to convert her crib to a toddler bed! I was worried she was going to fall and break a bone or something.. since we still had to order bed rails to convert her crib into a full-sized bed (and order a mattress and side rails and bedding!), we decided to go with the toddler bed, which we were originally going to skip.
She is now doing great sleeping in her "big girl" bed :) We (she) picked out new bedding, the rails are in and now we're just waiting for the mattress to come in! Once it does (and after I get back from AZ), Kylie will officially have her big girl room, full sized bed included :) Thankfully, the transition has been pretty good so far. She does get out of bed to play occasionally, but overall she's done great with self-control and sleeping! So proud of our big girl :)

One big helper is Kylie's new clock! This is a great clock for later when she learns to read time (It has a ton of great features to help kids learn, plus is a real alarm clock.) For now, I can set it for sleep and wake times... The clock glows an orangish (red) color when Kylie is supposed to be sleeping, and then will glow green when she can get out of bed! So if (when) Kylie wakes up too early, she looks at her clock. If it's glowing red, she knows to stay in bed or in her room... and she actually does! I know because the second the clock changes to green, she's at her door asking to get out! Great concept, great clock!
Teach Me Time clock. I bought it on Barnes and Noble for around $30.
This week, Kylie has been doing a lot of painting again. I realized how good she has gotten with drawing faces (I draw the circles sometimes, she does all the rest)!! Here she is concentrating so hard on painting.

And here are her awesome face paintings of the family!!! I love how when she paints something specific, she puts her little left-hand finger up right to where she's going to paint. Then she focuses really hard and paints with her right-hand, still pointing to the spot.

Since it was so warm out this week, we spent a lot of time outside in the sprinklers and Kiddie Pool :)

Alexandra this week... ah our little angel! Not only is she now crawling on all fours (though she still prefers to army crawl), but Friday she started pulling up on things! She's been trying so hard to "stand" lately. I noticed her head popping up next to the couch and realized she had finally done it! She was standing against the side-table! :) Go Allie!!!!

Here are some pictures of Alexandra this week.

Finally, here are some great bird pictures that Ryan took of a bird in our yard :)

No comments: