Monday, April 7, 2008

No two nights are the same!

Right when you think things are settling down (consistent 5-6 hours of sleep a night), it changes.. to Kylie waking up every 2 hours and staying up for at least an hour + each time! And then we get a wonderful night of 7 hours of straight sleep followed by her putting herself to sleep for another 2.5 hours! Of course when this does happen, I'm too busy waiting for her to wake up and wake up "hearing" phantom cries that I don't really get to enjoy that sleep. Nothing is predictable in parenthood! ;) That we sure are learning quickly :)

As the weather has finally been nice, Kylie and I have been going on stroller walks. Hopefully she'll get used to her car seat soon! All she does now is sleep during the walks and I can't wait until the day she starts being awake (and happy) during them and looks around at the world!

Kylie recently has begun to enjoy a little playtime by herself (she sure lets us know!) and enjoys playing on her activity mat and watching and batting at the animals :) It's so very cute to see her smile and make noises at them! The best, however, is when she's playing and I come join her.. the huge grin that breaks out when she sees my face is the most precious thing ever!

No comments: